Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the best chilblains treatment?
What you will need
- Clean and disinfect the area. The treatment should be applied once every day. ...
- Apply the ointment. As with any treatment be sure to test the ointment on a small area of unaffected skin for any adverse or allergic reaction prior ...
- Follow up treatment. After the chilblains have healed, continue the use of the treatment for at least two further days. ...
What are some effective treatments for chilblains?
What is the treatment for chilblains?
- Keep the affected areas warm. ...
- No other treatment is normally needed, as they usually go away by themselves.
- A range of creams and lotions can be bought from a pharmacy. ...
- Steroid creams are no longer recommended for the treatment (or prevention) of chilblains.
- If you smoke then you should try to stop, as smoking can make chilblains worse.
Is there natural cure for chilblains?
To treat chilblains, we need natural remedies that give the following effects:
- Anti-inflammatories, to reduce redness and inflammation.
- Calming substances, to relax the area and relieve pain.
- Circulating substances, to promote proper circulation, accelerate healing and prevent it from reappearing.