Frequently Asked Questions
How to establish a community health center?
- Name: What name is your organization known as legally?
- Purpose: What does your center do? ...
- Board of Directors: Who runs the community center? ...
- Finances: How do you manage the finances of your community center? ...
What is a health facility or healthcare center?
is currently expanding telephone access to Veterans utilizing VA health care facilities in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, and Alaska. Your calls are important to us and VISN20 is dedicated to answering your calls. VISN20’s Health Connect Call Center serving ...
How can I get free healthcare?
- State-based charities
- Religious charities
- Free or sliding-scale clinics
- Your state’s Health and Human Services Department
- Services for the homeless
- There is a 211 emergency helpline in most states
- Some hospitals run free or low-cost clinics. Ask to talk to a patient representative about your issues.
Is a health center a clinic?
The term “Federally Qualified Health Center,” or FQHC, refers to three different types of clinics: • Health Centers (HCs) funded under Section 330 of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, including Community Health Centers (CHCs), Migrant Health Centers (MHCs), Health Care for the Homeless Health Centers (HCHs), and