Frequently Asked Questions
What are the duties of a medical record technician?
Medical coders typically do the following:
- Review patient information for preexisting conditions, such as diabetes, so patient data can be coded properly
- Assign appropriate diagnoses and procedure codes for patient care, population health statistics, and billing purposes
- Work as a liaison between the healthcare providers and billing offices
How much do you make in medical records?
How much does a Medical Records make?
- All years of Experience
- 0-1 Years
- 1-3 Years
- 4-6 Years
- 7-9 Years
- 10-14 Years
- 15+ Years
What degree do you need to become a medical technician?
Medical technician requirements
- Education. Most employers seek candidates with a two-year associate degree or a certificate from an accredited community college or university.
- Training. Medical technicians often work under the supervision and guidance of a medical technologist. ...
- Certifications. ...
- Skills. ...
How can I become certified as a medical coder?
In order to sit for the CCS exam, a coder must have at least one of the following:
- A diploma or degree from a medical coding training program
- Two years of medical coding experience
- An existing medical coding certification plus one year of medical coding experience