Frequently Asked Questions
What type of careers are in health informatics?
Types of Careers
- Clinical and Health Informatics Roles. The in-demand Master of Science in Clinical & Health Informatics opens doors to exciting new responsibilities and leadership opportunities.
- Team Members. Team members of those in the clinical and health informatics field can include the following. ...
- Career Descriptions. ...
- Commonly Used Programs
What jobs can you get with a health informatics degree?
What Type of Job Would I get with a Health Informatics Degree?
- Health Informatics Consultant. Federal guidelines are saying that hospitals have to properly use patient data and information, but the costs of have a full-time team can be too much for ...
- Electronic Medical Record Keeper. ...
- Chief Medical Information Officer. ...
- Healthcare IT Project Manager. ...
- Conclusion. ...
What can you do with degree in health informatics?
With a health information technology bachelor degree, you may pursue the following careers:
- Data analyst
- Software developer
- Health information technician
- Project manager
- Medical coder
- Database administrator
- Quality assurance lead
- Security consultant
- Information technology (IT) support specialist
- Medical records technician
Who employs health informatics professionals?
Widespread use of electronic health records (EHRs) will continue to create demand for managers with knowledge of health information technology and informatics systems. Medical and health services managers will be needed to organize, manage, and integrate these records across areas of the healthcare industry. In fact, CNBC reported that both health and technology jobs were in high demand in 2015 and listed medical records and health information professionals as the sixth “most in-demand ...