Frequently Asked Questions
How do you get rid of laryngitis quickly?
Method 2 Method 2 of 4: Treating Laryngitis with Medications Download Article
- Take over-the counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen, aspirin, or paracetamol. These medicines will help quickly relieve throat pain and control fever. ...
- Avoid decongestants. Decongestants dry out your throat and might make your laryngitis worse. ...
- Take antibiotics your doctor prescribes. ...
- Talk with your doctor about corticosteroid medication. ...
When should you see a doctor for laryngitis?
- Fatigue, cough, fever and body aches
- A feeling that there’s something in your throat
- Pain in one or both ears
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Unintentional weight loss
- Coughing up blood
What is the best medical remedy for laryngitis?
- Prepare a solution mixed with ½ teaspoon of salt to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Gargle with it several times a day.
- While gargling, try to take the salt water as far back into your throat as possible, so that it touches the larynx, where actual healing is required.